- 2 cups Almond Breeze Original (you can use vanilla flavored if you want an extra hit of vanilla!)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Combine the quinoa, almond breeze and salt into a saucepan over med/high heat and bring to a boil. Then lower the heat to med/low, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes. Keep an eye on the quinoa and milk during this time make sure it is actually just simmering and not boiling.
- After 15 minutes a good amount of the almond breeze should be absorbed. Now add the cinnamon and vanilla extract and stir. You can continue to let the mixture simmer, with the lid off until all of the milk is absorbed. Should be about 20 minutes total, but the results may vary a bit so just keep an eye on it.
- We served, topped and ate this delicious treat right away (and it wasn’t even breakfast time), so you could do the same if you like to plan ahead, you could absolutely cook the quinoa the night before and store in the fridge and either eat it cold the next morning, or heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds or so. Regardless, it will be delicious. Don’t forget to have fun with those toppings!