- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup superfine sugar (granulated is fine)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Zest and juice of 1 small orange
- 1/4 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Stir in milk and vanilla until just combined.
- Pour dry mixture into wet mixture and stir together until fully combined. Fold in chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 9”x5” loaf pan.
- Bake pound cake for 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the pound cake.
- Remove from the oven and allow the loaf to cool completely before removing from the loaf pan.
- For the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, milk and vanilla. Begin whisking in powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, until all the sugar has been used and the glaze is thick and smooth. Fold in the zest until just combined.
- Pour the glaze over the pound cake and let it sit for about 20 minutes, to allow the glaze to harden. Slice and serve.