- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 4 to 5 cups vegetable or chicken stock, warmed
- 2 ears corn, roasted and removed from the cob
- 2 roasted poblano peppers, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original
- 4 oz. Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan
- Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat and sauté shallots for 2 minutes. Add garlic and rice and continue to sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until a small white dot remains in the center of each grain of rice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze pan with wine and stir. Allow almost all the liquid to evaporate then reduce the heat to medium and add 2/3 cup warm stock, stirring frequently.
- Each time the liquid evaporates add another ladle of stock and continue to stir. Repeat until the rice is al dente, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in roasted corn and poblano peppers, almond breeze, and parmesan.
- Top with a little more grated parmesan, adjust seasonings and serve.