- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup Unsweetened Original Almond Breeze almond milk mixed with 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/3 cup almond meal
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with olive oil or nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, brown sugar, honey, almond milk mixture and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the baking soda, cornmeal, almond meal, and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until smooth and fully combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 38-40 minutes, until golden brown and set.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving, if you can wait that long!
- Feel free to use any whole grain flour instead of the almond meal!
- Some vegans include honey in their diet, while others choose to skip it. If you prefer to nix the sugar, try maple syrup instead.
- This tastes even better the next day!